About Me

My photo
I'm an arts journalist & PR consultant living and working in Scotland. I've been a journalist for more than 25 years. I write a regular column for Scottish quality newspaper, The Herald. I deliver a PR service with an arty bent and work on a consultancy basis with arts organisations, including Scotland's leading creative industries festival, XpoNorth & broadcast support body, ScreenHI. I am currently co-writing a book about the celebrated Scots artist, George Wyllie, with his daughter Louise. Instrumental in making a celebration of his life's work happen in 2012. For more information, see www.georgewyllie.com When I'm not being a mum/working, I talk to my dog. He laps it up. Contact me on janpatience@me.com (All work © Jan Patience)

Thursday, 11 June 2009

I love Malcolm Tucker... I mean Peter Capaldi

Can't wait for the feature-length documentary due to be broadcast by BBC4 in the autumn, A Portrait of Scotland, which will see Oscar-winning director Peter Capaldi taking on his first presenting role and looking at the artists and paintings that have changed Scotland.
Capaldi, who attended Glasgow School of Art in the 1980s, is a man of many talents.
As Malcolm Tucker, king of Spin, in the BBC comedy The Thick of It, he is the funniest guy on TV. Reminds me of a few hacks I've come across in my dog-eats-dog tabloid past.

1 comment:

  1. Can I post a comment on my own blog? Wheels in motion to interview Peter for The Herald...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers