About Me

My photo
I'm an arts journalist & PR consultant living and working in Scotland. I've been a journalist for more than 25 years. I write a regular column for Scottish quality newspaper, The Herald. I deliver a PR service with an arty bent and work on a consultancy basis with arts organisations, including Scotland's leading creative industries festival, XpoNorth & broadcast support body, ScreenHI. I am currently co-writing a book about the celebrated Scots artist, George Wyllie, with his daughter Louise. Instrumental in making a celebration of his life's work happen in 2012. For more information, see www.georgewyllie.com When I'm not being a mum/working, I talk to my dog. He laps it up. Contact me on janpatience@me.com (All work © Jan Patience)

Monday, 16 November 2009

Aspect Prize date announced...

What a fantastic start to the new year! This year's winner of Scotland's answer to The Turner Prize (but for painters... we're hot with the trends Mr Hirst) will be announced at a glittering evening of art and sparkle in The Fleming Collection's Mayfair gallery on Monday 11 January 2010.
How strange does 2010 sound?

Of course someone has to win, but unlike reality TV, there are no losers. It's the taking part which counts and the journey to get there is part of the experience for all concerned.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers