About Me

My photo
I'm an arts journalist & PR consultant living and working in Scotland. I've been a journalist for more than 25 years. I write a regular column for Scottish quality newspaper, The Herald. I deliver a PR service with an arty bent and work on a consultancy basis with arts organisations, including Scotland's leading creative industries festival, XpoNorth & broadcast support body, ScreenHI. I am currently co-writing a book about the celebrated Scots artist, George Wyllie, with his daughter Louise. Instrumental in making a celebration of his life's work happen in 2012. For more information, see www.georgewyllie.com When I'm not being a mum/working, I talk to my dog. He laps it up. Contact me on janpatience@me.com (All work © Jan Patience)

Thursday, 17 December 2009

Cordelia Oliver

I was sorry to hear from Joan Hughson of the death of the artist and art critic Cordlelia Oliver, who was a hugely influential figure in the Scottish arts scene for many years.

Ms Oliver was a particular champion of the work of Joan Eardley, a peer from Glasgow School of Art during the 1940s and her 1988 book about this hugely influential Scottish artist remains one of the only texts available which examines her life and work in detail.

Here is the obituary notice text:

1 December 2009

OLIVER — CORDELIA (nee PATRICK). At the Victoria Infirmary, on 1st December, 2009, Cordelia, wife of the late George Oliver. Funeral private. A gathering in memory and in celebration of her life will be arranged later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers