About Me

My photo
I'm an arts journalist & PR consultant living and working in Scotland. I've been a journalist for more than 25 years. I write a regular column for Scottish quality newspaper, The Herald. I deliver a PR service with an arty bent and work on a consultancy basis with arts organisations, including Scotland's leading creative industries festival, XpoNorth & broadcast support body, ScreenHI. I am currently co-writing a book about the celebrated Scots artist, George Wyllie, with his daughter Louise. Instrumental in making a celebration of his life's work happen in 2012. For more information, see www.georgewyllie.com When I'm not being a mum/working, I talk to my dog. He laps it up. Contact me on janpatience@me.com (All work © Jan Patience)

Wednesday, 3 November 2010

More lush images from The River Runs Through It

Just eight days to go until Take Me To The River flows into Kelvingrove. Charlie Jamieson and I have been completely bowled over by the standard of work coming in. In this selection below, you have one of the youngest artist, Ben Crawshaw, who graduated this year from Glasgow School of Art and James Watt, dad of Alison Watt, who has painted the riverside, man and boy. Jimmy graduated from Glasgow School of Art in the early 1950s and his work is owned by the Queen and Prince Philip.

From the top:
The Expressway from The Riverside Museum, by Ruth A Nicol
Rivet River, by Annette Edgar
Mirror II, by Ben Crawshaw
Clydeside, by John Kingsley
Ardbeg, by James Watt








The River Runs Through It

Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Argyle Street, Glasgow
0141 276 9599
www.glasgowlife.org.uk
From Nov 12 to Jan 30, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers