About Me

My photo
I'm an arts journalist & PR consultant living and working in Scotland. I've been a journalist for more than 25 years. I write a regular column for Scottish quality newspaper, The Herald. I deliver a PR service with an arty bent and work on a consultancy basis with arts organisations, including Scotland's leading creative industries festival, XpoNorth & broadcast support body, ScreenHI. I am currently co-writing a book about the celebrated Scots artist, George Wyllie, with his daughter Louise. Instrumental in making a celebration of his life's work happen in 2012. For more information, see www.georgewyllie.com When I'm not being a mum/working, I talk to my dog. He laps it up. Contact me on janpatience@me.com (All work © Jan Patience)

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

More Work Heading for the Big Art Sale on 17/3/11 at Richardson Murray

The Big Art + Beauty sale at Richardson Murray hair and beauty salon in the Kelvinbridge (www.richardsonmurray.com) is fast approaching and below you'll find a small selection of the artwork which will be on sale.
The actual sale will be held on Thursday night (6-9pm) but any unsold artwork will remain on the walls until the end of March.
I posted some work on my facebook page this morning and someone asked if it was for a worthy cause. Almost at the same time as Charlie Jamieson, I shot back that, yes, it was a good cause – helping artists to sell their work in a financial climate which is not in their favour.
I don't think any artist out there chooses to do it because they think it's going to be an easy life. They choose to do it because they feel compelled to do it.
Hopefully, events like this help everyone concerned.
I think it's going to look like a fantastic show with a stellar line-up of artists:

Sue Biazotti (www.suebiazotti.com)
Rowena Comrie (www.rowenacomrie.co.uk)
Annette Edgar (www.annetteedgar.net)
Charles Jamieson (www.charlesjamieson.co.uk)
Paul Kennedy (www.paulkennedyart.com)
Liz Knox (www.lizknox.com)
Heather Nevay (www.nevayburke.freeserve.co.uk)
Ruth Nicol (www.ruthanicol.co.uk)

Richardson Murray
487 Great Western Road 
Kelvinbridge 
Glasgow
G12 8HL
T: 0141 337 2999 


Twilight Ball Game by Paul Kennedy Original Screenprint, £175
Tulips by Liz Knox, gouache, 7 x 5 inches, £ 375
The Path, Montes Da Vala, Algarve by Charles Jamieson, £950 (inc VAT)
Catterline by Rowena Comrie, watercolour, 40cmX70cm, £425

Portsoy Study 2 by Ruth Nicol, price £295
Pool Girl by Sue Biazotti, limited edition giclee print, £135

Vessel of Tears by Heather Nevay, 37cmx28cm, oil on panel, £4250

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers